Author Topic: Welcome, Matt Glover.  (Read 11931 times)

Offline eric17

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
    • Email
Welcome, Matt Glover.
« on: May 2, 2011, 10:36 AM »
http://twitter.com/RobinWashut/status/64772501418422274

Quote (selected)
Juco point guard recruit Matt Glover says he will sign with Penn State on Monday. He was Nebraska's last remaining official offer for 2011.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2011, 01:12 PM by eric17 »

Offline zac1397

• Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome, Matt Glover?
« Reply #1 on: May 2, 2011, 10:48 AM »
Wouldn't be my first choice for the last spot. 

Offline psuphiman80

• Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 2, 2011, 10:51 AM »
Do we really need another PG? I think we need Henton more.

Offline DJSWay2

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 2, 2011, 10:53 AM »
We need a SG or a banger down low ( a little muscle) . If the kid can play so be it they can make room for him

Offline State4Life

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 2, 2011, 11:23 AM »
He sounds like a tall 1 AND 2 guard.  Henton would have been nice, but a decent 2 who can give tim and trey a break at the 1 could be nice.  Also, trey will have some fr growing pains.
Wellness Coach - Need to lose weight, gain energy, or just improved general health?  Ask me how!
PSU Class of 2011

Online Tom

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 2, 2011, 11:28 AM »
The bad news is he hit only 28% of his 3s.

The good news is that he hit 48% of his non-3s

Offline zac1397

• Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 2, 2011, 11:53 AM »

He took a lot as well.  This is a serious concern I have.

He also seems to be a very similar type of player to Marshall and will be in the same class.

Offline tundra

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 2, 2011, 12:04 PM »

He took a lot as well.  This is a serious concern I have.

He also seems to be a very similar type of player to Marshall and will be in the same class.
I disagree zac. From the little film I saw, he looks to be a different type of player than Marshall. But why "fret it."  PT for next year is "wide open." The best hoopers will see the court!

Matt, welcome to PSU and good luck!! 

Offline Cletus11

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 2, 2011, 12:08 PM »
DOesn't make any sense.  Frazier is the starter and have a quality PG coming in and another high quality guard transferring in after that.  Woodyard, Marshall, and Bowman are all 2/3 type guards, so that is 5 guys for this year along with another one the year after.

Would have rather saved the ship for another player next year.

Basically using up 2 years of schollie for a back up guard who might not even see time his senior year unless multiple players currently on the roster do nothing.

Offline tundra

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 2, 2011, 12:18 PM »
DOesn't make any sense.  Frazier is the starter and have a quality PG coming in and another high quality guard transferring in after that.  Woodyard, Marshall, and Bowman are all 2/3 type guards, so that is 5 guys for this year along with another one the year after.

Basically using up 2 years of schollie for a back up guard who might not even see time his senior year unless multiple players currently on the roster do nothing.

Out of line, Cletus!!   Once the first day of practice starts all resumes are "out the window." Let's trust the coaches on this. Next years team is the most "wide open" team I can imagine. 13 scholorships always creats a type of "over stocking." Forgetabout who is "supposed to be good." Let's let it play out on the court!
ALL PSU fans should welcome Matt. 

Offline UncleLar

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 2, 2011, 12:23 PM »

He has three years of eligibility. 
I henceforth promise to never rarely respond to kid again.

Offline Saints23

• Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 2, 2011, 12:30 PM »
If the kid can play, so be it.  Things will work themselves out and guard depth is always good, perhaps it allows us to pick up the tempo a little more.

Also, I like the idea of using the last scholarship on the best available player this year while we still have some recruiting momentum.  Next year could be a bit rough, and players of better caliber may not be as interested.

Offline State4Life

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 2, 2011, 12:36 PM »

Very nice size (6'4), good handle... shooting can come to you.  He has only played one season - do we want to take Battle's freshman season and decide whether or not he can shoot?
Wellness Coach - Need to lose weight, gain energy, or just improved general health?  Ask me how!
PSU Class of 2011

Offline NGameday

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 2, 2011, 12:38 PM »
I love that guy falling over at :30 kid didn't cross him over, just dribbled between the legs.

Offline UncleLar

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 2, 2011, 12:45 PM »

Offline State4Life

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 2, 2011, 12:47 PM »
I love that guy falling over at :30 kid didn't cross him over, just dribbled between the legs.
Yeah, it really makes me question his competition in that video.  There were other times were he didn't really do anything and blew by his defender... it doesn't look like much defensive effort on the opposition's part.  As for his release, seems rather average.  Not too quick, but not deathly slow.  Being 6'4 at the point may be able to afford him a slower release.
PSU Class of 2011

Offline State4Life

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 2, 2011, 12:52 PM »
BWI story by Nate Bauer

Quote (selected)
Having already done his research on the Nittany Lions' program... "I know the football team was always great but I knew the basketball team was really good too," he said

I'm sure the professors at PSU will work with him and improve his research skills once he gets here ;)
PSU Class of 2011

Offline PSUdraw

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
    • Artwork and Design Work
« Reply #17 on: May 2, 2011, 01:11 PM »
Welcome to Happy Valley young Mister Glover.

Online Tom

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome, Matt Glover.
« Reply #18 on: May 2, 2011, 01:28 PM »
Glover?  I just met her!

Offline UncleLar

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 2, 2011, 02:32 PM »
I hope he gets in.

From a Hawkeye Insider report

"UCLA has pulled out of the mix for the California native's services. The Bruins were set to come out to watch Glover work out on Friday but after reviewing academic transcripts discovered he would not be admitted to the school, he said."

Online Tom

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 2, 2011, 02:47 PM »
I hope he gets in.

From a Hawkeye Insider report

"UCLA has pulled out of the mix for the California native's services. The Bruins were set to come out to watch Glover work out on Friday but after reviewing academic transcripts discovered he would not be admitted to the school, he said."

Damn that Algebra II

Offline noobd

• Nittany Lion
  • March Dreamin'
    • View Profile
    • South Orange Juice
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 2, 2011, 03:23 PM »
Glover ranked #45 in rankings that were just released: http://www.jucorecruiting.com/?page_id=434
Twitter
"I just copped me a pair of the coldest dancing shoes ever... They are called the 'Penn States' " - Talor Battle

Offline lynkpsu

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 2, 2011, 03:58 PM »

I was also hoping that we could get Henton.  Oh well, welcome to Penn State Matt Glover.

Offline Evan Ceg

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 2, 2011, 08:26 PM »

I was also hoping that we could get Henton.  Oh well, welcome to Penn State Matt Glover.

I was hoping for Henton, too. However, the staff may have felt that Henton was leaning elsewhere, and a JC transfer evens out the classes slightly better.  It might also signal that Bowman may not be ready to make a significant contribution next season. 

Offline psubball

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 2, 2011, 08:50 PM »
There had been a rumor circulating that Marshall was strongly considering a transfer. In saying that, Glover and/or Henton could have been the precautionary result of the staff's concerns.