Author Topic: Tre Bowman  (Read 24462 times)

Offline CAPPY

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
Tre Bowman
« on: March 30, 2010, 11:45 AM »
I just heard from a very reliable source that Tre Bowman of York, Pa. has committed to PSU. Tre is a 6' 2" shooting guard according to UncleLar's Recruiting Matrix.  

« Last Edit: April 1, 2010, 10:24 AM by CAPPY »
PSU hoops fan since 2/28/66!

Offline eric17

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tre Bowman
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 12:00 PM »
Not too surprising. He went to St. Thomas More School this past year.

Offline PSUdraw

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
    • Artwork and Design Work
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 12:04 PM »
If true, welcome Tre to the Blue and White. 

Offline noobd

• Nittany Lion
  • March Dreamin'
    • View Profile
    • South Orange Juice
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 12:14 PM »
Hopefully he turns out to be as good as Navarro Bowman.

Scout 2 Star: http://pennstate.scout.com/a.z?s=157&p=8&c=1&nid=4466443
Twitter
"I just copped me a pair of the coldest dancing shoes ever... They are called the 'Penn States' " - Talor Battle

Offline Slash

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 12:21 PM »
86 overall by ESPN
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=101135

4 minute video from last year's season:
Tre Bowman
"We're people who post in message boards. We have a large capacity for outrage." - tjb

Offline eric17

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 12:21 PM »
He committed yesterday according to his myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/tre_aka_youngmj23

Offline mjg

• Nittany Lion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mgreen17025
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 12:28 PM »
ESPN has him at 6'4".  UL's matrix shows 6'2".  Hope he grew.

Offline tundra

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 12:33 PM »
Nice highlight video (except I had to mute the music.)  Explosive jumper. Welcome Tre.

Offline NICU

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 12:37 PM »
The ESPN link provided shows him at a 78 rating. Doesn't really matter, I just don't see the 86 mentioned. Then again, his last evaluation is from October 2009. I'm sure he has improved since then.

Offline DJSWay2

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 12:40 PM »
The ESPN link provided shows him at a 78 rating. Doesn't really matter, I just don't see the 86 mentioned. Then again, his last evaluation is from October 2009. I'm sure he has improved since then.
86 when I clicked on it. Oh well doesn't really matter. I'm wondering if this is who Ed was mainly up in the New England area when he was also seen at Majok Majok's game.

Offline eric17

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 12:43 PM »
Majok Majok game was a part of an 8 prep school tournament. There were a lot of unsigned prospects there.

Offline NICU

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 12:44 PM »
86 when I clicked on it. Oh well doesn't really matter. I'm wondering if this is who Ed was mainly up in the New England area when he was also seen at Majok Majok's game.

No joke, I just clicked on it again and now it says 86. I clicked on it three times before and it said 78 all the other times. I wonder if ESPN, just like Rivals, updates their ratings when a player commits to a school. He also went from #234 shooting guard to #92. Those are some pretty big jumps.

Offline DJSWay2

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 12:48 PM »
Majok Majok game was a part of an 8 prep school tournament. There were a lot of unsigned prospects there.
I know and St.Thomas More was one of those 8 teams. I guess Ed was there to see Tre and probably also was checking out Majok while up there.

Offline laoDan

• Senior
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 12:58 PM »

No joke, I just clicked on it again and now it says 86. I clicked on it three times before and it said 78 all the other times. I wonder if ESPN, just like Rivals, updates their ratings when a player commits to a school. He also went from #234 shooting guard to #92. Those are some pretty big jumps.

They do.  Tre went up, Peter Alexis went down.

Offline UncleLar

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 01:40 PM »
Somebody check quickly.

Are there any other prospects out there with the intials TB?

Talor Battle
Taran Buie
Trey Burke
Tre Bowman

I say "Très Bien"

;D
I henceforth promise to never rarely respond to kid again.

Offline DJSWay2

• Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 01:49 PM »
Somebody check quickly.

Talor Battle
Taran Buie
Trey Burke
Tre Bowman

I say "Très Bien"

;D

Hopefully one that is 6'9  ;D

Offline kidcoyote

• Deadwood
  • Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 01:49 PM »
Trey and now Tre. He's from a prep school, well known for hoops. He's a 2010...hmmm. So the need for the SG is filled. He's 92nd ranked SG in the country. His school is the alma mater of Devin Ebanks, Antonio Pena(Nova) and Dan Jennings(Washington), Edwin Ubiles(Siena's graduating leading scorer).

Offline kidcoyote

• Deadwood
  • Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 01:57 PM »
Somebody check quickly.

Talor Battle
Taran Buie
Trey Burke
Tre Bowman

I say "Très Bien"

;D

Hopefully one that is 6'9  ;D

Believe it or not, there's another kid on St. Thomas More, who not only has the initials, but played with Taran Buie at Maginn during Taran's junior year. They should keep an eye on him, none other than Trashon Burrell! ;). Here's what espn had to say.

Surprise player

Trahson Burrell, SF, (6-6, 160)
2011, Albany, N.Y./St. Thomas More School (Conn.)
When Burrell arrived at St. Thomas More this September his most glaring deficiency was his perimeter jumper. But after less than three months, Burrell has completely reworked his mechanics and already become a much more consistent shooter. Beyond his improved stroke, Burrell also impressed with his patented point forward type skills and a series of athletic plays this weekend. He got out in transition and finished high above the rim, blocked several shots when rotating from the weak side of the floor, and even showed an ability to rebound above the rim in traffic.

I'm sure PSU is following Burrell, as they saw him at Maginn in '08/09. A real jumping jack. Wore "00" at Maginn.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 02:00 PM by kidcoyote »

Offline psuphiman80

• Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 01:58 PM »
If true, welcome to the family Tre.

Offline think1

• Nittany Lion
  • James Franklion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 02:00 PM »
Somebody check quickly.

Talor Battle
Taran Buie
Trey Burke
Tre Bowman

I say "Très Bien"

;D

Hopefully one that is 6'9  ;D

Believe it or not, there's another kid on St. Thomas More, who not only has the initials, but played with Taran Buie at Maginn during Taran's junior year. They should keep an eye on him, none other than Trashon Burrell! ;). Here's what espn had to say.

Surprise player

Trahson Burrell, SF, (6-6, 160)
2011, Albany, N.Y./St. Thomas More School (Conn.)
When Burrell arrived at St. Thomas More this September his most glaring deficiency was his perimeter jumper. But after less than three months, Burrell has completely reworked his mechanics and already become a much more consistent shooter. Beyond his improved stroke, Burrell also impressed with his patented point forward type skills and a series of athletic plays this weekend. He got out in transition and finished high above the rim, blocked several shots when rotating from the weak side of the floor, and even showed an ability to rebound above the rim in traffic.

I remember Trashon. He's in my photos at the table near me at Taran's announcement.

Offline Psu96

• Applicant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 02:09 PM »
Mark Brennan just confirmed this verbal on FOS.

Offline kidcoyote

• Deadwood
  • Nittany Lion
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 02:10 PM »
I remember Trashon. He's in my photos at the table near me at Taran's announcement.

That's a good sign that he attended. Close friend I'd venture. 6'6", 160. Pretty amazing height/weight ratio. Rated 88 by espn. Reclassified to 2011 from 2010. espn stated this:

October, 2009: Despite reclassifying, Burrell is a still young junior who only recently turned 16 years old. He has some point forward type skills with his ability to bring the ball up the floor and create offense for both himself and his teammates. He's very smooth with his dribble, taking long...

BTW, espn is listing Tre as 6'4". Been posted.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 02:12 PM by kidcoyote »

Offline think1

• Nittany Lion
  • James Franklion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 02:12 PM »
By the way he was definitely called Trashon at Maginn.  Now it looks like it is Trahson at More?

Here are some dunks featuring both TB's:

Top 10 Dunks: St. Thomas More Vs. Rise Academy

You'll also see the #1 center for 2012, Andre Drummond. Wish we could get him but it looks like he's leaning hard to UConn.

Offline Friznitz5

• Junior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 02:12 PM »
Welcome, Tre. Time to get that shooting game in gear!

Offline ptw09

• Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 02:39 PM »
After seeing that video, I would LOVE to see us go after Andre Drummond.  6'11" with that body..and class of 2012?  Wow.  Id love to go after him.  I don't know anything about him, but he's gotta be really highly ranked in his class.