haha we must have been posting at the same time..
- Last years team. Very proud of how hard they worked. Thought they should have had 6 wins instead of 4. Got calls from Bo and Tom telling them how hard we played and they didn't want to face them down the road. "Some" refs he felt had a preconceived notion about PSU basketball. He mentioned the NW game as 1 where they were seen as the "darling" and it felt the game was being called that way. Said he got a few of those T's mid year because he sees how hard these kids work day in and day out and the refs don't and he didn't want them being slighted like that. He did mention a few of the refs crossed paths with him in the hallway after a few games and commented how hard and tough PSU played and they haven't seen that from PSU in quite some Time.
- Next year's team he said the name to remember is DJ Newbill. Said the fans will absolutely love him. He stood behind his comments about him and Tim being the best backcourt in the country. Said those 2 go at each other so so hard every day making each other better. He thinks Jermaine and Ross are about to become breakout players as well. Said Jermaine's confidence is at an all time high right now.
- Recruiting (this is where it gets interesting ) He talked about Brandon and Akosa. Said Brandon we will love. Said classic pick and pop big guy that can play inside and out. Said Akosa will be a player but refused to try and pronounce his last name when asked. Now anyone from the pennstatehoops.com table can correct me but he was asked about this current class and made it known he could talk about the above 2 by name but said he couldn't talk about the verbal we just got Again maybe thats not where he was going with it but all 8 at our table took it that way. After mentioning the verbal he spoke about Jones (not by name) being on campus today and having lunch with him and the whole 9. Also mentioned we are involved with 2 JUCO's (obviously Harris being one). Was asked how many new guys he sees to fill out the class "1 Great, 2 Homerun, 3 Grand Slam". He was asked about "tall guys" and said they are currently involved with a handful of guys 6'8 and over (didn't say for what year ). You could tell there was so much he wanted to say but just couldn't. Dropped as many hints as he could without getting in trouble.
- Fans. Now this was the one downer of the night. He talked about how hard it was to play at Indiana, OSU, and Purdue. When asked what b10 teams thought about playing at PSU he said not tough. Without coming right out and saying it , he basically said our crowds are horrible. Said they started the year OK and just completely fell off. You can tell he isn't very happy with the fan support his kids got this past season
- Talked about Andrew Jones, Jeff, and Talor. Said AJ hurt his knee and is back in PSU rehabbing it. Said all 3 will back at PSU this summer working out and playing with the team. Said he wants to make it a point for all ex players to come back and continue to be a big part of the program.
- Asked about Bo Ryan. Said (which i never got a chance to read) that Bo retracted his stance on the transfer situation. Said he personally would let his kids go wherever they want. Said for whatever reason it didn't work out but these kids are young and got 1 shot at this thing and he wouldn't want to be the guy to screw it up for them. Said there is language written into the LOI that states they cannot transfer within the b10.
- Scheduling . Said we are playing in Puerto Rico next season with some of the big boys. Mentioned GTown, NC State, and Xavier.